Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday (12w3d)

Greetings, all!

Yesterday was unexpectedly mild - such a nice break after a really yucky week. Such a relief. Now let's hope it turns into a trend!

Something funny - On Tuesday (12w0d), I woke up with a headache. A couple of hours later, I checked my pregnancy week-by-week calendar, only to be told that "At this time you may start experiencing headaches." Wow, what timing!! Unfortunately I've had a headache off and on ever since, but not too bad. Same as the other two pregnancies. But good timing!

Yesterday for fun I took an online gender prediction quiz (one of the ones that is based on a compilation of old wives' tales). It came out at 67% chance of a girl! Pretty high, actually - most other times I've taken it (with previous pregnancies) it's usually been a pretty even split. I guess I'd better resign myself, LOL!! :) If that's the case, we won't get to use our really awesome boy name - we found one so obscure that it hasn't been in the top 1000 names since the '50's!! (Guesses, anyone?) I love finding obscure names! Our top girl name (which we can't use because it's too much like one of our already-used names) hasn't been in the top 1000 names in even longer - but our next choice is more popular, in the 150's range. Not too bad, I guess.

It's always so much fun to find out baby's gender at birth..... I think that's one of the most fun moments for both of us. And at the present time I'm still not really planning on doing an ultrasound, so I won't have to worry about the tech slipping. Thank goodness!!

I read more of my pregnancy journal, and found that it was sometime in week 19 that I said "I'm feeling pretty good on a consistent basis now." So..... seven more weeks, or so. Hoping for sooner!!

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!