Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Craziness!

Hello, everyone! Hope you all are having a great week!

This week started out with the Moose's first birthday! What a wonderful year he has given us! He is the sunniest, most cheerful baby ever, and he has been such a special joy.

Of course, as I'm writing this he is being a total and complete CRANK, due to the fact that he has decided to get eight teeth at once (no joke). Only three are through so far, so he has spent the week being quite cranky - weepy, bleary-eyed, and emotionally fragile. Thankfully we had decided to postpone celebrating his birthday a week or so until an anticipated visit from family, so hopefully he will cheer up by then!

Also this week was, of course, Valentine's Day! In keeping with my ongoing efforts to do holidays well (instead of completely forgetting them), we had a very busy week!

We made a valentine for the postman using this free printable from "The Happy Home Fairy,":



We made valentines for our homeschooling group's Valentine's Day exchange and party (I made these myself! So proud!):




Then we had our own family time with homemade valentines and candy...



And finally, we ended the day with these super-easy-to-make marshmallow pops!!



I've got to tell you - I am having so much fun with learning to "do" the holidays! I've been forcing myself to do this in order to benefit the kids and our family culture, but - completely unexpectedly! - I am having a blast with it! I didn't know how much I'd been missing for so many years. It's exhausting, and I don't do nearly what other more artsy mums do, but I'm having fun.

Next up, St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!