Sunday, February 17, 2013

Muffin Tin Mania!

It is now several years since a friend introduced me to "Muffin Tin Mondays," and since then I have truly come to love this simple concept - chop up fruits and vegetables, find bits of crackers and snack foods, cut up leftovers, and pop it all into a muffin tin for a very kid-friendly lunch! It is very visually appealing, and it finds easy acceptance with the little ones - much more so than the very same foods presented together on a plate.

Cucumber, celery, cereal, plum tomatoes, crackers, yellow plum tomatoes, graham crackers, cheese, bell pepper, dip. 
This idea has become so popular around here that I don't just use it on Mondays... it's pretty much every day. For our 6yo I use a mini-muffin pan, and a regular size pan (or pans) would work for multiple kidlets.

I love how simple ideas like this (which are so easy to implement) can make our days run more smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!