Saturday, February 23, 2013

One Moment of Brilliance in a Sea of Incompetency!

This January, our family celebrated four years of being in our home! It's the longest we've lived in one place, and we hope to be here many more years, if not forever! It's been a great home, and a wonderful neighborhood. We love it.

One of my biggest disappointments in the home, however, has been the fact that despite our four-year residency, the house remains undecorated! Seriously! Doesn't that just happen gradually over time?

I jest, but in all seriousness, I did somewhat assume that I would gain artistic inspiration for decorating once we moved in. Nope. Our walls are just as bare as the day we moved in, and I am just as uninspired. After my sweet aunt gave me a well-deserved scolding for leaving our house so dull-looking, I went to the library and checked out every book I could find on decorating - and read them all! I learned a lot and enjoyed them immensely, but they couldn't solve the root problem - a complete and utter lack of talent.

Hopefully some day I shall be able to gain that talent - or just copy someone who has it! (The latter is much more likely.) But in the meantime, I thought I'd share the one idea that has worked and that we love - our Christmas card wall! This idea came about through sheer laziness, but we've kept it up ever since because we love getting to see everyone's pictures all year 'round rather than just for a month at Christmas.

Yes, those are Christmas decorations still up in the background. And our glitter pumpkins from last fall. Have I mentioned that we have a problem with procrastination?
This idea has been sheer joy for us, and we hope to continue it every year. (Local friends, if you don't see your card up here... it's because we haven't finished opening our Christmas cards yet. Ack!!)

Have a wonderful Sabbath, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!