Monday, February 18, 2013

Two Must-See Articles! Enjoy!

If y'all don't know my blogging sister Cindy over at Get Along Home, you should! She provides amazingly accurate (and often convicting) posts on homemaking, mothering, home education, politics, and lots of other fun topics, and I have enjoyed every one of her posts (all the more so because she is a strikingly witty humorist!).

This week Cindy has posted two great articles on the topic of the meaning and theology of human suffering, a theme that I touch on here and there on this blog. Hyperemesis was my first up-close-and-personal encounter with intense physical suffering, and I have to admit that it hit me like a tidal wave. It knocked me over, beat me black and blue, and left me for dead - physically, emotionally, and spiritually. That last part left me somewhat surprised, as I had "dealt" with the subject of human suffering in a theoretical way and felt comfortable with the topic. After all, the theology of human pain is pretty easy to understand on paper. Easy peasy. But when it meets you in person, it's a whole different story, and it has to be worked out from the ground up all over again - much more painfully and much more slowly. And it has to be done individually - no one else can do it for you. You have to face God on your own and deal with the reality of your pain.

Letting God work through the suffering in my life has been invaluable - but it took a long time (five years? more? still getting there?) and it's not an easy process.

Can I get an amen?

Anyhow, check out these two articles: "On Pain" and "Running Ahead of the Teacher." Good stuff!

I won't bother to quote and comment, being that I'm running behind on my schedule (and the mess level is getting higher as we speak). Just go read the articles and enjoy!

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!