Monday, January 5, 2009

5 weeks, 4 days: Still waiting

And the journey continues!Nothing either way yet. I have an appointment for an ultrasound on Friday, so hopefully our questions will be answered then. Till then, it's just more waiting!

Things are definitely weird right now. I'm not really counting myself as "pregnant" anymore, or telling people about it, and I've pretty much canceled my due date in my mind. If it turns out that everything is fine after all, I'll have to get used to the whole thing all over again!

DH, as usual, is playing the complete optimist - something that I always find fault with in stressful situations. I'm the hard-headed realist; he is the unthinking optimist. So he just says, "I'm sure everything's fine!" and doesn't think another thing about it, while I'm wondering and talking and obsessing and exploring twenty different end-scenarios. He'd rather talk about his new motorcycle. Isn't that always the case?

I did think of one slight possibility which is so ridiculous that I'm not seriously entertaining it, but I thought I'd better mention it. On Friday I started taking an herbal preparation (tinctures and essential oils) called "Morning Sickness Balm." It was supposed to have effects within 24 hours. If it is a miraculous cure-all for nausea, then it might have been the reason I stopped needing nausea drugs on Saturday. Might be. But I doubt it. And the evidence is still stacked for a blighted ovum pregnancy. But it's a possibility! As I said, Friday should tell us all.

I'll check back in over the week and let you all know how things are going! I appreciate your kind thoughts and words and prayers - I need them all!

Love to all,
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!