Saturday, September 20, 2008

Website: Hyperemesis.org

There's really no need to promote this website, because it is unarguably the most famous and well-used website having to do with hyperemesis ever! Check it out here.

This is the website of the Hyperemesis Research Foundation, an organization dedicated to researching HG and providing information to healthcare providers and HG-mums and families. There is a wealth of information on this site: Commonly asked questions, drug and treatment information, forums for every HG subject under the sun, and every kind of information available.

Oddly enough, I hadn't really been around this site till lately. I used the site when I was sick to determine that I did have HG (rather than garden variety morning sickness), but I was too sick to do more than that and I just hadn't been back. This past week I've registered on the forums and taken some time to explore the site. It rocks!!

While surfing the forums I found a great little piece of HG-lore - it's a phrase called "being crackered," in reference to when someone (with great motives, of course!) tells an HG-mother to "try eating dry crackers"! In that case, you've "been crackered"! I loved it. I think we've all been crackered. Probably most conditions have their own form of being crackered!

If you haven't been to this website yet, check it out! It is an invaluable resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!