Saturday, August 30, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere!

It's been a watery couple of days.

First of all.... I was leaving the Phoenix Birth Circle on Thursday, and when I walked outside, the sky was AMAZING!! There was so much lightning that it looked like the flash of cameras in a sports stadium during the Olympics. I couldn't even count the flashes - definitely greater than 5-10 per second. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

It stayed dry till I was almost to the freeway, and then the rain hit with a fury that I have seldom seen. I immediately had to pull over onto the shoulder, and I stayed there for about ten minutes, until I could see well enough to get off the freeway - and after that I took side streets home! What an adventure!! Monsoons are beautiful, but they're no fun to drive in.

Then the next day (yesterday), I was peacefully having my devotion when I suddenly became aware of the sound of gently tinkling water. "Hmm," I think, "Why would there be the sound of running water in my bedroom?" I get up to investigate, and find that we have water literally pouring through the ceiling in our guest bathroom and flooding the hallway. By the time emergency maintenance gets there, it's risen to above-toe level. Thankfully our maintenance crews are wonderful (unlike the last owners of this complex, for whom we are STILL waiting to come and clean up the last emergency flooding from 2 years ago), and they had the leak fixed and the water suctioned up within 45 minutes. Now we are walking on a floating carpet (they stuck a blower underneath it to dry the pad, and it lifts the carpet throughout the whole house!), and our cat is totally freaked out.

So it's been an eventful couple of days! We're looking forward to the holiday weekend and a bit of free time.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!