Monday, August 18, 2008

Monsters, Inc.

I've created a monster.

Two monsters, actually. And they're both contained within one small, regular-looking man - my hubbie!!!

First of all, I allowed him to go to a Star Trek convention with his cousin. He left a mild ex-Trekkie (like myself) and came home a raving, foaming-at-the-mouth on-fire dyed-in-the-wool Trekkie. AAAHHHH! He immediately started taping Star Trek episodes and has gone from there.

Secondly, I checked a diet book out of the library that my mom had recommended. It's called "Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution," and while it's based on atheistic principles, it has some great information in it. I had figured on extracting some principles from it and applying them to our diet - in a gradual, partial sort of way (ha!).

Well, one morning this week I woke up to find that DH had picked up the book randomly, spent half the night reading, and was now a full-fledged fanatic set on trying this diet head-on. The end result was that we spent two hours shopping last night picking up all the items and supplements we needed, spending more than triple what we normally spend on groceries, and are going to be trying this diet starting today. If it lasts more than 48 hours (it's not an easy diet) I'll report in on how it works.

The moral of the story: Never put incendiary material where one's DH can find it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!