Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spreading Around....

..... the news of a new HG blog! Thank you to several of my friends who alerted me to this site.

Islands of Grief, Mountains of Joy

I cried reading her story. Be forewarned, it is intense.

I am so thankful that so many more hyperemesis mothers are getting into the blogosphere these days. When I first started this blog, I was (as far as I know) the only active HG blogger (that is, a blogger with a blog devoted to HG, as opposed to mothers telling HG stories on personal blogs, which are harder to find). Ashli's blog was around, but it was no longer active (though the archives are priceless). Now I can count at least five HG blogs on the net, and I am so thankful that these resources are out there. HG mamas of the world, if you have any interest in doing so, I encourage you to start your own HG blog. It is an enormous blessing to new HG mothers who are out there desperately looking for help.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and for reading my story. It has been such a wonderful day, with all the flooding of support. I hope that those who need me will find the blog.

    HG is a horrible disease, but it has brought about a wonderful community of women gathered in solidarity.

    I continue to read and enjoy your blog and keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important to get our experiences and reading out there so that women going through hyperemesis right now don't have to learn the hard way what doesn't work. It's nice to have people who understand too because it is quite rare to meet someone who has had it and if people who haven't had it just can't understand how awful it is to be so ill and worried about the baby too. When I had hg I couldn't even move without being sick, let alone sit and research possible things to help or get info to challenge useless my useless midwives.

    Here's my blog: http://artofsleepwalking.blogspot.com/
    It isn't just about hyperemesis but I have a search box so readers can find those posts quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!