Thursday, December 6, 2012

HG in the News

Congrats to Mimi over at "Prisoner in My Own Body" for her published article and TV-interview time! This is awesome!

Thanks also to Molly for her excellent articles "An Open Letter to Her Royal Highness, Kate Middleton" and "HG 101: What It Is and How You Can Help". Excellent resources!

I am not thrilled that Duchess Catherine is suffering from hyperemesis. I have great liking and sympathy for her, and I hope that her bout is short and well-treated. However, I am thrilled that hyperemesis gravidarum is finally getting some well-deserved air time in the mainstream media. Sometimes it just takes a celebrity! I hope and pray that many HG women will be blessed by the greater public awareness of this condition. I am very well-aware that there is a good deal of internet crackering going on, i.e. comments such as "Ah, poor princess, suck it up like the rest of us who live through morning sickness" (those are the comments that get an HG mum seeing red) - but on the whole I have seen a great number of great-quality articles on the subject and a great amount of genuine sympathy and spread of good-quality information. That is awesome stuff.

Have a great night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!