Saturday, July 17, 2010

Birth Faith: Preventing Morning Sickness

One of my favorite Birth Bloggers, Birth Faith, has both announced a new little one on the way (hurray!!!) and posted a most interesting article regarding her thoughts on morning sickness prevention via diet. This is not the same diet information I'm going to write about (whenever I manage to get around to it), but it's fascinating and contains a lot of the same information. Both theories center on pre-conception diet. Thoughts, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Really early on in my pregnancy, cucumber was one of my instant-fixes. I've eclipsed its ability to help me now, but I definitely did notice it as being helpful, at least early on.

    I didn't do a "detox" persay, but I did drink a lot of green smoothies prior to pregnancy. I'm sick as a dog-can't say if they helped or if I'd be even worse off :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking over, Diana. It probably won't help everyone, but I do hope it helps some women! Thanks again.

    I'm looking forward to reading about the diet you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - Yes, that's the problem with any morning sickness remedy/prep/etc. Since there's no control, one never knows if it did any good or if one would have been sicker without it! I did a TON of prep work and/or herbs with this past pregnancy, and everything was much worse - but I don't know how bad it would have been if I hadn't given it a shot. Too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Jen - update us soon on how you're doing! I've been worried about you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!