Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Please Excuse the Delay!

Hello, friends!

Whenever my husband gives me a time estimate on how long a computer job will take, I multiply it by six and add an hour for a more reasonable expected time.

Apparently I should have done the same for myself!

Two of the blog projects that I have undertaken are taking significantly more time than I expected (I should have expected that!) - namely...

(1) Renaming my blog

I know, I know. What's to do? Just change the name! But first.... I'd better do a bit of updating my sidebars. Oh, crud - they're horribly outdated, and most of the links are dead! And the formatting isn't working anyway! I need a new format! And while I'm at it, I think I need a new background! And some new functionality! And a new color scheme, with some photos!

In other words, it's going to take a while.

And also, it's taking much longer than expected to write...

(2) My new series on "Inside the American Medical System."

I'm not even halfway through writing the first draft, and it's already expanded from five to nine installments - and going strong. I had no idea that I had so much to say!

All that to say...

Please have patience. It may take me a bit to get these two projects finished, so I may be scarce while I'm working in the background on getting these two projects ready to publish. I'm also trying to keep my blog work down to 20 minutes per day - always hard, but I am determined not to neglect my real duties for the fun stuff.

Speaking of which, I'm over time right now.

Thank you for your patience, dear friends!! I'll be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!