Monday, November 5, 2012

On the Eve of the Next Four Years...

I had plans to do "real blogging" tonight (I have a long list of topics that I'm trying to work through), but being that I still have an endless list of things to do before bedtime, I will keep it brief.

Tomorrow is election day.

For better or for worse, we will elect our leader for the next four years. Our family is voting for one of the two main candidates, though we're not particularly enthusiastic about him. One way or the other, this country is heading in some very ugly directions, and I don't really have much hope for it in the long-term. Democracies don't last long, and ours appears to be on the way out.

But the good thing is that, as always, God is sovereign. God will use godly and good men to achieve his purposes, and God will use ungodly and evil men (and mediocre men) to achieve his purposes. One way or the other, God's sovereign will will triumph. And that is a very comforting thought, in a time when our country seems to be seized by one controversy after another, and when our nation is being torn apart by every possible wave of politics, religion, and opinion of every kind, and when civil and religious liberties are under constant fire from an ever-encroaching big government.

Thank goodness that God is in control, one way or the other.

And now... happy voting! Get out and vote tomorrow!

Unless you are voting the opposite of our family's vote, and then you can stay home.

Just kidding! Happy Election Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana,
    I am currently going through my 2nd HG pregnancy and stumbled upon your blog. Thank you so much for raising awareness about HG and coming up with a HG plan and protocol. I wish I had done that! I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. You can read about it here - http://prisonerinmyownbody.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/very-inspiring-blogger-award/
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!