Friday, November 2, 2012

Dessert at Last!

A few months ago, my blogging-friend Kathy sent me a recipe for the most delicious coconut oil candies (this was when I was gagging myself trying to swallow plain coconut oil in an effort to remedy my low-carb/low-fat nausea). It is delicious! I make it with a dropperful of liquid stevia instead of the honey, and voila! Yum!

Here is the altered recipe:

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted if necessary (around here... it's already melted)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 dropperful of liquid stevia, adjusted to taste
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix and pour into molds (I use an ice cube tray), chill in fridge or freezer.

And now, to kick it up a notch....

(1) Add some salt to the mixture before pouring into molds. Because the salt won't dissolve, keep stirring as you pour into molds to avoid all the salt falling to the bottom and becoming concentrated in the last few candies.

(2) After pouring into molds, drop a teaspoon or so of salted, sugar-free peanut butter into each. Voila again! Reeses peanut-butter style, and sugar-free!

I eat one (or possibly two... ssshhh) of these per day. What an awesome way to get some of that delicious coconut oil into our diets! (Not to mention a sweet-tooth fix.)

Happy weekending to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!