Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Few Random Pictures...

... from a woman who is extremely tired and ought to be in bed. And hopefully will be soon.

Have I mentioned how much I love pumpkins? Especially eating them. In every single form that I can possibly find, from cobbler to pie to cookies to quickbreads to straight-raw-from-the-field. Just kidding on that last one.

And guess what? On the diet I'm doing, I can't so much as touch a pumpkin with a ten-foot pole!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

But thankfully, I have two other options: Making the dishes for my family and enjoying them vicariously (hard, but possible), and... pumpkin crafts! So here goes on the latter...

Pumpkin Pockets! We don't have color ink to print the free printables from this site, so I just made our own!

 

It was fun, and we're still having fun leaving notes for each other!

Secondly... glitter pumpkins, a la Martha Stewart

Picture courtesy of Martha Stewart

Did they come out like that? Not exactly... but it was fun anyway:


[Insert another pumpkin craft that I should have photographed but forgot to and am too lazy to go do now.]

Our 6yo, who suddenly showed up telling us that he was Larry Boy (a Veggie Tales character). The resemblance is striking, wouldn't you agree?



And to end... A modern miracle. At three years, two months, this is the first time that the Chublet has stood up on his own (aside from doing it on the couch, which seems to be easier for him). We are praising God for something we were not sure that we would ever see. 



Thank you, Lord! The Chublet is on his way!

I have a million things to blog about, and no time or energy, so I will only say... Happy Reformation Day! (Which was yesterday.... as usual, I'm late.) As they said five hundred years ago, Sola fide! Sola Scriptura! Sola gratia!

And on that note, which had nothing to do with my entry, I will bid you all good night. Hopefully you all will rise tomorrow less discombobulated than I am tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!