Monday, November 26, 2012

An Interesting Thought: Take a Bath?

A few weeks ago, I read an interesting tip for dealing with stomach bugs in children: When a child is throwing up and unable to keep anything down, draw a bath for the child (at whatever temperature), and stick him in - and keep him there! Apparently the water-absorption through the skin can be enough to keep a child from serious dehydration and in some cases prevent hospitalization due to dehydration. I definitely plan to keep that in mind for my family!

I also thought - would that possibly help with dehydration in cases of HG and severe NVP? Dehydration is one of the main problems with HG, and I wondered if the get-in-the-bath-and-stay-there might help with dehydration prevention (or treatment) in the milder cases of HG. It's definitely worth a try! I have never seen this recommended, but the parallels made me wonder if it could help.

Thoughts, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!