Tuesday, March 24, 2009

16 weeks, 5 days: The Journey Continues

A note to my readership: The nausea gods do not smile kindly on the arrogance of an NVP mother who blithely writes "I'm doing just fine" in her HG blog. After I wrote that last week, I spent most of the rest of the afternoon throwing up, LOL!!! So I will be more modest and unassuming in my writing from now on.

I have realized with a start that time is really passing on! There is a lot to do from here on out. I'm giving myself until week 20 before I need to get active, but after that the to-do list is somewhat endless.

First of all, I need to start assembling my birth team. That would be...

- Midwife or midwives (already done)
- Student midwife (already done)
- Doula(s) (need to do)
- Adult supervisor for DS (need to do)

When you add myself, DH and DS (plus baby!), that's a pretty big team! I was going to add in a birth photographer, but after finding out the rates for birth photography (yeeouchh!!!!), I have given up on that idea. I guess I'll delegate the job to DH. I have given him the assignment of finding out how to do good indoor low-light pictures, as last time's were pretty awful (grainy, blurry, dark, etc.).

Also on my to-do list....

- Buy a birth ball (freecycle has been unavailing)
- Sign up for childbirth classes and arrange for babysitting for DS
- Start exercising
- Start doing birth exercises
- Arrange for pregnancy photography

And a ton of other things! So hopefully I'll have the energy to get on that list in a few weeks.

We see our midwives tonight, hurray!!! That is, assuming they're not called out to a birth (and they'd better not be!!). We're really looking forward to that.

Hope you all are having a GREAT week!! Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!