Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Your Toddler Might Be a Neat-Freak If....


You know your two-year-old is a neat-freak when...

... he throws a tantrum when you forget to have him help clean up the toys.

... he snatches toys away from other toddlers... in order to put them neatly in the box and put the box back on the shelf.

... his one ambition in life is to get the Windex when mama isn't looking and do some clandestine cleaning on his own.

Seriously, this child cracks me up. I have never run across this trait in a child before, and it's (mostly) adorable. I'm doing my best to encourage his neat habits rather than to shoo him out of the way (my natural instinct).

One of our favorite things is when this child discovers a mess of any kind. He will immediately run to me, highly alarmed, and say, "Mama! Mama! Oh, NO!" in the most mournful of tones. It's extremely adorable.

The 2yo and our eldest (the 8yo) simply couldn't be more different in this area. We could set a bomb off in our home and the 8yo would still say, "Mess? What mess? I don't see any mess." He may or may not take after a close-relative-who-will-not-be-named but who is similarly oblivious to messes.

It never ceases to amaze me how different children of the same parents can be!

Asleep with his beloved scrub brushes. 



2 comments:

  1. My youngest is like this - he organizes his toy trains by color and has to have everything neat ;) Makes me smile because I finally got a child that takes after me......my other two...well...I'm still working on them. They will walk over a mess and not even see it and are pack rats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's what I've been telling my husband - this is the first child who takes after me. :) I have fond memories of getting Easter candy and not caring one bit about eating it - all I wanted to do was sort, organize, and lay it out in neat rows. It's nice to see one of the kidlets taking after me - it will be interesting to see how it manifests in later years!! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!