Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lovely Birth Story From Local Midwives!

I wanted to share this lovely birth story from a local hospital with the midwives of Valley Women for Women:

My VBAC: Lincoln's Birth Story

Great story, and lots of great pictures! She concludes:
"I still can’t believe it sometimes. I had my VBAC and, aside from laboring in the tub, it happened just like I wanted it to. More quickly than I expected, but perfect none the less. It’s true what they say about natural birth too, it makes you feel like you can accomplish anything because nothing will ever be that hard again. I have truly redefined what I’m capable of.
"Also, as a side note, I want to be clear that I wouldn’t change anything about my birth. After we came home from the hospital I found myself reading something online about labor positions. Apparently hands and knees is the body’s way of turning a posterior baby. Knowing that solidified everything for me and validated every decision I made. I listened to my body and did exactly what it told me to. I trusted my instincts and they didn’t disappoint. Had I gone to the hospital earlier, I would have asked for the epidural earlier which would have forced me to push lying down. There’s no way to be sure but, I believe that laboring and pushing on all fours kept Lincoln in the right position and was the reason I was able to have my VBAC."
I have met several of the lovely midwives from Valley Women for Women, and I thoroughly recommend their practice to mamas who are looking for a positive hospital birth experience with lots of options and respect for parental choices. Though I hope to have all of our babies at home, if I ever needed a hospital birth, I would love it to be with them!

Enjoy! And congrats to this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!