Thursday, August 9, 2012

What I Should Have Been Doing All Summer

It's that time of year! Homeschool bloggers are getting ready to start their school years, and many of them are posting their curriculum choice lists (like these over at Women Living Well and Large Family Mothering). Reading all of these "we're ready to start school!" posts made me realize, "These moms have spent their entire summer planning for next year. Oh.... I guess I should have been doing that too." Especially considering that we're "starting school" on Monday!

Oops.

Actually, I do have a few excuses - (1) In some areas, we will just be picking up where we left off a month ago, and (2) some areas I have been researching frantically (no results yet).

But there are so many things to do in preparation for starting the school year - and I had no idea how many things there were to do before the school year started. My goodness!

And so, without further ado, here is a (very partial) list of things that I need to get done in very short order (fat chance!):

- Order curricula - I tried to order Singapore math this week - oops, they're out of stock and won't be back in until September. *Note to self - Don't order curriculum in August!

- Finish making my curriculum choices - Basically done except for writing.

- Make our son's notebook cover for his schoolwork notebook - Not my strong point!

- Make summary sheets of curriculum covered and extracurricular activities from last year so that I can file last year's notebook - Almost done!

- Finish making chore charts - Working on this one.

- Figure out my initial ideas for a school-day calendar and a school-year calendar - In progress (I know this will change as we go along).

- Go over curriculum choices with DH to get his input and stamp of approval.

- Do a million extra things (Blog! Read articles! File papers on my desk! Plan field trips! Make our family prayer calendar! etc.) - I don't think I'll ever be done.

And now, off to DO these things! Next year I am starting earlier!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!