Monday, June 30, 2008

A Post for No Reason At All!

I thought I'd better do a quick post, even if it's just to show that this blog is still active! I don't like to go longer than a week.

But for the most part, I don't have anything significant to say. I have finished reading the two books I for which I want to do book reviews ("Body Mutiny" and "The Problem of Pain"), but I want to reread both of them before doing formal reviews, so it'll be a while before I post those. I also have a big post forming in my head on the spiritual questions raised by hyperemesis, but I haven't the time or the effort to post that one now! I will also be posting Sarah's second HG story as soon as she sends the second part of it.

Oh, I should make one note..... I had written that we had had a 9-day luteal phase last cycle, which most internet sources say is infertile (some docs say anything under 12 is infertile; some say anything under 10). However, I was in contact with our NFP teachers this weekend, and they told me that some of their friends conceived their six children with a 9-day luteal cycle, LOL!! So apparently a low luteal cycle is no guarantee of sterility (although it might be a contributing factor to anyone experiencing infertility).

For the moment we seem to be blessed with at-least temporary secondary infertility - nothing definite, just going off the fact that all of our charts for the past year show that we really should have conceived each cycle. Of course, our NFP teachers told us that they "fooled around" with NFP phase-2 rules for eleven months before they paid the price (i.e. got pregnant), so I'm not counting on anything. I'm just grateful for the extra time we're being given to prepare. If we're never able to conceive again, I'll be perfectly happy with that. I love being pregnant aside from the HG, but the HG was enough to cancel out the rest - or at least to make the rest of it not worth it.

We have been quite busy lately, mostly with church, house-sitting for some friends, and toddler-chasing (90% of my time). We're hoping to start regaining our social life - we really have had no one over for the past year or so, and I want to rectify that situation. So we're starting to make efforts!

Well, I guess I'd better go do something constructive for the last bit of Caleb's nap! Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!