Thursday, May 15, 2014

Where Do We Go From Here?


After revealing our fun surprises of the week - namely, that we're expecting AND that this pregnancy has not been hyperemetic...

I thought I would pause to post a brief update of what's happening here!

Our homeschool year begins on Monday. I have just this week found the tiniest bit of my energy returning, so I am doing my best to make necessary preparations (filing, printing, typing, shopping, etc.) to be ready on Monday. Can I get it done? Not sure. It will probably be a matter of getting the bare essentials done and letting the rest slide - temporarily or permanently.

I plan to publish our curriculum round-up for the coming year in the next day or two. Look for that! I can't wait to share with you all!

I am planning to start our school year gradually - first with just math and handwriting, then adding in history and science, and then all the little extras (family time, picture study, etc.). I don't want to go beyond my strength until I feel better, but I am determined that we shall have a longer summer break next year - meaning that math has to get done!

My big project for the summer, besides beginning our school year, will be getting our household "rebooted" after the neglect occasioned by several months of NVP (i.e. morning sickness). Things like meal planning, deep cleaning, routines, chores, etc., have fallen by the wayside - and I have now to pick them up and reinstate all the necessities of household life. That's always a challenge. One wouldn't think that a brief break in routine would cause everything to fall to pieces, but I always feel that I have to relearn the basics. "What? Cook dinner? How on earth do I do that?"

We are nearing the 14-week mark with this baby - almost to the second trimester! I have kept copious notes in the form of a running journal ever since we got a positive test - I want to have good records for this pregnancy. I don't know if I'll ever publish them, but at least they're there.

I have decided to wait to publish a "summary entry" concerning what I've learned about NVP/HG until much later in this pregnancy - possibly after the fact, in the postpartum. As I mentioned before, there is still so much to do - I have to experience the rest of this pregnancy, do more research, learn so much more. I don't want to publish just to have to deal with endless revisions. However, I will likely begin to write that post very soon. It's going to be ridiculously long, and will probably take the rest of the summer to type - I can then leave editing and finishing touches till the last.

For the past ten days or so, I have begun to feel the faintest of wee baby kicks. This is the moment I live for - unutterably precious. I can't wait for the giant earth-shattering kicks! So much fun. Besides NVP, I really adore pregnancy.

And so... that's about all. Really, what I have on my to-do list is quite manageable... except that I am not feeling energetic or well enough to do any of it! It's a matter of trying to skate through with the minimum, and pray that I continue to feel better day by day.

As far as the blog goes, I'll be in and out. I don't have any concrete plans at the moment, but I'll probably post pregnancy updates here and there, along with whatever else strikes me. It'll be a while before everything is back to normal around here, including the blog.

And there you have it!

Hope you all are enjoying the summer - I'm counting the days till it's over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!