Tuesday, February 4, 2014

CHINA Crafts - Chinese Paper Fans!

This was another easy and fun craft for our China unit study, and I highly recommend it!

Directions here. (Make sure you check out her entire unit study on China, which we are using for lots of great ideas!)

I gave each child a page of paper to decorate, and then we taped them together to make the needed length for the fan. One change I made was to use light cardstock (110 lb. weight) instead of regular printer paper. It made for a much sturdier fan.

Were I to do this project again, another change I would make would be to trim the fan to a slightly smaller size - perhaps six inches high rather than seven. Because the popsicle sticks weren't long enough to support the entire fan, it had a tendency to buckle in the middle if one was not careful.

However, it works beautifully as-is, and it's been a great hit with the kids!




We also used it as decoration at our Chinese New Year feast!



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!