Tuesday, May 28, 2013

When Good Intentions Go Bad

Having had a lot of curriculum-choice angst lately, I decide today to sit down with my husband during  our daily coffee time and get more of his counsel on the subject.

When that time comes, I grab my notes and my homeschool notebook and sit down. Before I can even say a word, we hear the one-year-old crying - up from his nap waayyy too early. After twenty minutes of unsuccessfully trying to get him back to sleep, I admit defeat and return to the living room with the addition of a toddler who, due to lack of proper nap length, is extremely cranky.

Try again.

Have you ever tried to have a curriculum consult with an irritable toddler underfoot who is determined to cause every kind of trouble? Oh, goodness. We try to distract with toys.

Try again. 

After a few minutes, I realize that said toddler needs a new diaper. Break for new diaper.

Try again.

Toddler is simply ramping up the crank. Break to get toddler a snack.

Try again.

Toddler decides to eat his snack in massive handfuls, gags himself, and throws up on the carpet. That's a new one. Break to clean up toddler and clean carpet.

Try again.

Toddler resumes former levels of crank. Second baby is now up, and extremely cranky. After realizing that I am trying to shout my questions across the couch to DH, all while trying to deal with two cranky babies, I give up in disgust.

Today has just been one of those days. Thank goodness that God's mercies are new every morning. I'm looking forward to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!