Monday, December 23, 2013

"Thirty" Days of the Best Christmas Music!

This past month, I decided to run a "30 Days of Really Awesome Christmas Music" theme on my Facebook page. It was a ton of fun! I never reached the 30-day mark, being that I became distracted around Day #8 and decided afterward to scrap the whole thing.

But it was lots of fun while it lasted, and I wanted to share those first eight days with you! Enjoy!

***

Day #1 - Sussex Carol! Give this one lots of volume to hear those beautiful bass pedals.



Day #2 - "Jesus Child" by John Rutter. One of our most beloved, and our 7yo's current favorite!

 


 Day #3 - "Here We Come A-Wassailing," performed by Canadian Brass. You haven't truly heard this song till you've heard it done by everyone's favorite brass group. Followed by a choral version. Enjoy!





Day #5 - "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silent" - a gorgeous choral version of one of my favorite lesser-known Christmas hymns!





Day #6 - My favorite piece from "The Messiah" - "For Unto Us a Child is Born." Just lovely - enjoy!

Day #7 -


Day #7 - My favorite Christmas hymn, "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" - brought to us in a beautiful instrumental duet (with great video!) by The Piano Guys. Loved this. If you check out any of these songs, watch this one. I'm so addicted.





Day #8 - Another triumph by The Piano Guys... "Angels We Have Heard on High"! This is the kids' hands-down favorite this season, and we love it too. Why? Because music is just so much cooler when it's done by four guys attacking a piano, that's why! Definitely check out this awesomeness - you'll probably end up playing it as many times as we have today! (Which accounts for the fact that I may or may not be singing it in my sleep.)

After you've watched this one and become convinced of The Piano Guys' utter awesomeness, check out their Youtube page and spend the rest of your day (whether you want to or not!) watching their great videos! We love their Star Wars Duel of the Cellos.





Merry Christmas, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!