Thursday, December 12, 2013

Goals for Christmas Break!

As usual, I've scheduled way too many goals and to-do items for Christmas Break. (Who doesn't?) However, I have learned these past few years to tone down my expectations. When there is a house full of young children, most of my life is going to devoted to their care, period. Meals, diapers, clean-up, baths, dishes, laundry, reading, etc. - it doesn't stop just because we're on break!

However, there's still quite a bit to get done, and I'm doing my best to make at least some progress!

Here is a partial list of goals for these few weeks:
  • Write and print Christmas letter
  • Get my Christmas cards out (ha ha ha ha ha!)
  • Write quarterly homeschool progress reports 
  • Write new quarterly goals sheet for children, self, and home
  • Start curriculum planning for next year ("next year" = May 2014)
  • Start chore-chart planning for next year
  • Clear out homeschool notebook, print new pages as necessary
  • Clear out school supplies
  • Set up 2014 calendar
  • Re-do recipe notebooks
  • Revamp my meal-planning method, currently in a state of sad disarray
  • Deal with CHRISTMAS - purchasing, planning, hosting guests, cooking, cards, cookies for neighbors, activities and crafts with the children - the whole bit! 
And now, dear friends - I'd better get busy!

Have a great day, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!