Wednesday, September 4, 2013

How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter!

This is possibly the easiest recipe on the planet! Enjoy!

I started making my own peanut butter many years ago, and after a pause of a couple years am back at it - on a low-carb diet, I need all the variety I can get!

Peanut butter can be tricky stuff. Regular peanut butter is full of scary ingredients (like hydrogenated oils). "Natural" peanut butter is better, but is filled with sugar - I use it for the family, but it doesn't work for me while I'm low-carb. The really good stuff (also known as Laura Scudder's, or Sprouts brand, or any of those brands) is quite pricey - and I find that stirring the separated oil into a brick of rock-hard peanut butter is actually harder than just making the stuff from scratch!

And with that, here is the recipe for the real stuff!

Homemade Peanut Butter

INGREDIENTS:

  • Blanched unroasted unsalted PEANUTS (I buy mine in bulk from Sprouts)
  • SEA SALT

DIRECTIONS:


Put the peanuts on a jelly roll pan and roast at 350F till golden (about 30 minutes or so).

(I one time tried to simplify by purchasing already-roasted peanuts and just blending them, but the results were - for whatever reason - awful. Back to square one - roasting my own.)

Dump those puppies into a food processor...



And process till done! Sometime during that process, sprinkle in some sea salt.

Et voila! 



Refrigerate in glass jars! The oil will never separate if the peanut butter is refrigerated, which is the best part about it. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!