Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's!

In the long-lost days of my childhood, I put massive effort into New Year's resolutions. I'd take several hours to write out a long list that usually included a plethora of self-improvement chores - such as long daily readings of the Bible, Shakespeare, classics, and French/German/Shorthand lessons, besides other exercises in self-discipline. I'd write them out in complete self-satisfaction, file them neatly, and then forget them completely - perhaps remembering them briefly a week or so later - before my mind consigned them to utter oblivion (until I found them randomly years later and realized that no resolution had been kept longer than 24 hours... usually 12 at most).

So now? Nope. No New Year's resolutions. I've learned not to waste my time.

But I do pick things to work on (when I want to, not at New Year's) when I see that they are needed. So, in lieu of New Year's resolutions, I will write out what I'm working on in my life right now (a partial repeat from an entry a few weeks ago).

So here goes... here's what I'm working on in my life right now:

(1) Rebuilding the following areas of my life: physical (pregnancy weight, anyone?), marital, spiritual

(2) Decluttering - an ever-present chore

(3) Balancing having a clean house and spending time with kiddos (NOT easy!)

(4) Parenting - learning the skills that just aren't there by nature

(5) Learning to be a CROCK POT MASTER!!!

(6) [removed]

(7) Working on finding a preschool and an elementary school for our kiddos - and more importantly, figuring out how on earth to pay for them

(8) Trying something new - I am going to try out our local Arizona Student Midwives group! I am SO excited!!!!!

And so... Happy New Year's, everyone! Here's hoping 2010 holds great things for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!