Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Challenge: Week #6

Anyone who has been counting will be thinking, "Hey, what happened to weeks #4 and #5?"

Don't be too picky! When one is as far behind as I am, one can't complain about semantics. Actually, I'm doing #6 because it's the easiest and the fastest, and will make me feel like I'm making the most progress!

You can read the original challenge (it's very good stuff), but in short, the assignment for the week was:

"Make your husband a priority. Ask him what his favorite dinner, dessert and drink are. Be sure to serve him all three one night this week. Bonus: cook his favorite dishes all week long!"

I haven't done it yet, but I did ask him (though I forgot about the drink part) and wrote his answers (peanut chicken and lemon icebox pie) into the menu for the week. Consider it done!

He got the funniest look of alarm in his eyes when I said, "So, hon, what's your favorite dinner and dessert, because I'm going to make it this week." I could just see the buttons going off in his head. "Wait, what's the special event/anniversary that she's remembering and I forgot? Or what is she going to ask me for? Or tell me that she did? Ack!" So I took the opportunity to reassure him that this was just me being nice, not a forgotten occasion or my chance to spring a horrible surprise on him. ("Guess what, dear? I've just bought a new car with a credit card I got in the mail!" etc. etc. etc.)

I'll have to think twice before taking up a challenge again! It's been fun, but I simply cannot keep up with these weekly assignments. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!