Sunday, August 30, 2009

Note to Martha

I wanted to post a comment that I recently received on this blog (Martha, let me know if you'd rather I not post this, and I'll delete it pronto)....

"My daughter is in the 10th week of her second HG pregnancy. The first one was so awful, we had never heard of HG and she was so sick. She lost 30lbs in a month and she and her husband moved in with us so I could give her the round the clock care she needed. When she was 12 weeks her doctors put her on steroids, which helped so much and she was eventually able to resume her teaching job. We are in week 10 this time, she has a PICC line and receives PTN ( nutrition IV) everyday here at my home. This is such hell, she is so sick and feels so alone and misses taking care of her child. We are all exhausted, but hopeful the steroids will again help because zofran and reglan have little effect for her. It is very hard for "outside" people to understand how serious this is and want to give advice about crackers, ginger, etc....."

Martha, I just wanted to say thanks so much for your love and care that you're giving your wonderful daughter. Mothers like you are LIFE-SAVERS, and we couldn't do it without you. I hope that the road gets easier from here for all of you, and we'll be keeping you in prayer. Thank you, thank you for being such a blessing to your daughter, her child, and her family!! I know that this is not an easy road - I had only a fraction of the illness that your daughter is experiencing, and it was life-shattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!